As part of the School Psychology Service, our School Psychologist provides psychological assessment, intervention and consultation.
Support is provided:
- As part of a team approach
- Proactively and in response to challenges
- Using a scientist-practitioner model
- Across individual, group and whole-school levels
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Our School Psychologist provides support in 3 main areas:
- Works with students, parents and staff to identify and change target behaviours
- Conducts assessments of students experiencing learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Supports staff in making appropriate curriculum adjustments for students in order to enhance their learning outcomes
3. Mental Health and Well-being
- Assist schools and children to maximise the development of positive mental health and well-being
- Provides support for students experiencing mental health and wellbeing difficulties, as well as assisting with referrals to other specialists for longer-term support
Parental consent is required for our School Psychologist to be involved in supporting your child directly. For access to School Psychology Services, please make an appointment with your child’s Teacher or Deputy to discuss your child’s support needs or any concerns you have.