School Parking Notice
You may be aware that there have been ongoing issues with traffic and parking congestion around the school. The School has instigated some planning work with The City of Cockburn to help alleviate this situation and will continue with this work to ensure the best possible outcomes are achieved.
- The embayed parking on Meridian Loop will be designated a ‘Kiss and Drop’ Zone only.(Maximum of 5 minutes only) Council signage will display ‘5 min standing between 7.30 – 9.00am and 2.30 – 4pm school days’. This means that there is no parking allowed. This zone can be utilised by Kindergarten, Pre-Primary and Year One parents only. Parents should not leave their car in this zone.
- The existing car is designated as a Kindergarten and Pre-Primary parking area. Parents will be required to register at the front office to receive a purple permit card to display on dashboard if wishing to park in this area. This registration will be especially needed when volunteering in classrooms.
NOTE: Parking contrary to Council signage and on footpaths is an offence and attracts fines issued by the Ranger. The School does not support parents parking unlawfully. Remember there is overflow parking available at The Blackford Turn council parking area.
1. The embayed parking on Columbus Loop will be a designated ‘Kiss and Drop’ Zone’. Council signage will display ‘5 min standing between 7.30 – 9.00am and 2.30 – 4pm school days’. The rear car park will remain designated for parent parking for YR 1-6 parents. Parents of YR 1-6 students are encouraged to use this side of the School for drop off or collection of children.
(A stage 2 planning proposal for this car park will be put to Council to develop a second driveway creating a one way ‘kiss and drop’ drive thru.)
Parents are also encouraged to utilise parking at the Success Sporting complex off Hammond Rd. This is only a 200 metre walk to school.
NOTE: Staff car parks are only accessible to Staff with a green permit card.The front visitor car parking allows for parking for
- Visitors, Student Services and deliveries between 9am and 2.30pm
- ACROD and Permit holders.
- NB: ACROD PARKING is also available in the STAFF CAR PARK
Any unauthorised vehicles parking in these areas will be reported attracting ‘move on’ or ‘infringement notices’.
Please make sure you are aware of the changes relevant to your transport needs. All traffic and parking by-laws will be fully enforced by the Ranger throughout the school year.
The School Community appreciates your support and co-operation in assisting us to make traffic management as effective and as safe as possible for all our students.
Sue Knight Principal
11 November 2014