Primary Extension and Challenge (PEAC) is a part-time program for public school children in Years 5, 6 and 7. Children are tested in Year 4, Term 3 and are selected to participate in a range of innovative and challenging programs offered in a variety of ways. Children are withdrawn from regular class to attend PEAC programs. Students from Success attend PEAC at Atwell College with others students in the Cockburn Central Education Network.
PEAC programs offer children:
- the opportunity to socially interact with other gifted and talented children
- an intellectually rigorous and challenging program
- opportunities to interact with practising experts
- the opportunity to develop higher order process skills and in-depth investigation skills
- the opportunity to work on open-ended activities which encourage choice and negotiation
- self/peer evaluation and reflection of performance.
For further information, please follow the link: